Laminate Care & Cleaning
Although just as beautiful as hardwood, laminate floors are made of resin or other materials and require their own kind of care. Here are the DOs and DON'Ts for caring for laminate.
- DO place a welcome mat or rug made of a natural, colorfast material at each entry to prevent tracked-in dirt and trap excess moisture.
- DON'T use oil soap cleansers or "clean and shine" products since they can leave a dulling film. Avoid the use of water directly on a laminate floor.
- DO prevent deep indentations and accidental marring by using felt protectors on furniture legs.
- DON'T leave sand, dirt and dust to accumulate; instead, vacuum, dry mop or wipe floors with a damp cloth.
- DO wipe up spills and wetness immediately with a soft, dry cloth.
- DON'T use harsh or abrasive cleaners, steel wool or kitchen , and never wax or polish—unless you want kids and pets skating across the room.
- DO clean floors using a made-for-laminate floor cleaner or a mild solution made from equal parts water and vinegar.
For more information please see your manufacturer’s warranty.
Flooring lasts longer and looks better when it's cleaned regularly. Keep your carpet, rugs, tile and laminate looking great with professional cleaning services from Rite Rug. Available to our customers in Columbus and central Ohio, schedule online or call 614-748-7483 for an appointment.