Tile Care & Cleaning
In addition to beauty and performance, tile's easy care is one of the many reasons it's a popular choice among homeowners. Follow these DOs and DON'Ts to keep it looking stylish and stunning.
- DO place a welcome mat or rug made of a natural, colorfast material at each entry to prevent tracked-in dirt and trap excess moisture.
- DON'T use harsh products such as alcohol-, bleach- or solvent-based cleansers, which can damage and dull the finish.
- DO seal both natural tile and grout to prevent scratching and staining. If grout should get stained, rub gently with a cloth dampened with a mild detergent solution.
- DON'T be afraid to dry dust or vacuum often.
- DO clean with an electric floor scrubber using a low-suds or made-for-tile detergent.
For more information please see your manufacturer’s warranty.
Flooring lasts longer and looks better when it's cleaned regularly. Keep your carpet, rugs, tile and laminate looking great with professional cleaning services from Rite Rug. Available to our customers in Columbus and central Ohio, schedule online or call 614-748-7483 for an appointment.