What to Ask Your Flooring Expert
When you’re shopping for a new floor, expect your flooring expert to have a lot of questions for you. A true flooring professional needs input about your space, your lifestyle, and your budget to recommend the best product for you.
But once they’ve made a recommendation, it’s a good idea to ask them some questions of your own. Before you buy, make sure you know the answers to the following questions:
- Is this flooring stain resistant?
- What is the warranty?
- How do I care for and maintain it?
- Is installation available?
- When and at what cost?
- What type of padding or subfloor do you recommend and why?
- Do you take away and recycle my old flooring?
- And if so, is there a charge?
- Is there anything I should know about this flooring that will change my room as it currently is, such as seams or pile height?
You might also find it helpful to print our Floor Shopping Checklist to have on hand during your design consultation. Use it to capture the details of your room (like floor dimensions) and any initial ideas you have.
Ready to talk flooring?
Schedule a design consultation and get personalized advice on how to select the best material, style, and color for your home. Find a specialist near you